Friday, July 7, 2017

"Felicity" Acrylic Portrait Painting

I painted Felicity with a very relaxed mindset.  I started with a black gessoed canvas and took it from there.  Painting on black puts a different spin on things and is quite fun.  I used layers of acrylic paint with collage papers.  I like the enchanted feeling of this piece.  It makes me think of the magic of childhood.  This painting is available on my website.

I am happy to announce that I will have 5 paintings featured in an upcoming exhibit 1:26 The Art Of Epilepsy.  It will be held by the Kant Institute in Newport Beach, Ca.  Here are a couple of links to the exhibit:  

A wonderful night of art for a good cause!

Oh come ye child
To the land of fey
      Where dragons roam
And fairies play
  Where the music is
  Both soft and wild
  Oh come, oh come
 Oh come ye child!
                      Diana Leger

Have a great weekend!
~Donna~


No comments:

Post a Comment