Saturday, April 29, 2017

Back To The Blogosphere And Tree Paintings

  It is a rainy Saturday but everything outside looks greener with the colors of spring accenting the landscape.  It is a beautiful time in Northeastern Ohio.  The rain seems to add the punch that gloss medium adds to color.  That against the tonal background of a cloudy day makes a great inspiration for a painting.  I have been working on a series of landscapes/seascapes/trees using mostly acrylic paints.  Here is one of them.

acrylic tree painting by Donna Holdsworth

"Passages"
20x20 x1.5

I created this piece using a pouring technique which I have modified to fit my needs as well as my budget. I love the free look achieved from using a pour but man can it eat up your paint supply!  I continue to experiment with this while keeping the pouring to a minimum. The tree trunk is sculpted with a palette knife.  I hope that you enjoy your weekend wherever it may take you.  Time for a cup of coffee.  Until the next time......
Peace to you!

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment