Friday, August 5, 2016

Mad Painters and "Sisters"

I have lately been spending a lot of my time painting my carport.  It is a solid structure that was built right onto the house in the mid 50's.  I love everything about it except for THE LATTICE!!!!  There is a 4 ft. x 8 ft.(-6 inches) section of lattice attached to each section of the frame around the structure for a total of 8 pieces. They are being painted front and back.  It come out to roughly 500 square feet!  I swear I have more hours invested in painting this lattice than the rest of the house.  I go out in the morning while it is still cool outside.  I do not think about it or I might talk myself out of it.  I just grab my brush & little roller and go to it.  Painting and rolling and painting and rolling, drop on the chair for H20 and rest then painting and rolling again. I can go about 3 hours before I have to quit for the day. Yesterday morning I was back at my painting ritual.  It was quite warm out (painting and rolling) and as I was getting close to quitting time I could see how close I am coming (painting and rolling) to finishing this tedious job.  I thought to myself how I hate painting and rolling this lattice and have earned some relaxation time.  The next thought was "I can't wait to go to my studio and paint!  I think we painters are a mad lot!

Here is a new piece that I have been working on for a while.  It is oil and collage on canvas.  I just finished it today.  It is titled "Sisters" and it is available on my website.  12 X 24 X 1.5.
Until the next time.....


~Donna~

No comments:

Post a Comment