Thursday, June 9, 2016

Eerian V "Abandon City" Oil Painting

My fifth Eerian painting got a background!  I painting her initially with a rough outline using OMS to thin the paint.  I add medium to the thick paint of the dress as it speeds the drying process.  I like to hang my paintings on the wall in my living room as they get closer to completion.  I can get a feel for what I like about it and what I don't.  I especially like to see the painting in the morning as I sit in my chair with my coffee. After a day or two I decided I was happy with the figure but the painting was a little boring to me.  I then got the idea for the sky line and immediately liked it much better.  I did some glazing on this piece in the final stages.  Here is the finished painting:
figurative oil painting by Donna Holdsworth
Thanks for visiting my blog!

Peace to you!

~Donna~


No comments:

Post a Comment