Sunday, May 8, 2016

Eerian III "Like Incense"

I completed the third of my Eerian series.  It is done in oil in much the same manner as the previous two.  The only difference is that there was no initial sketch with this one.  I instead applied the figure with a thinned oil paint and worked from there.  I also maintained an even finish throughout this piece so there was no "oiling in" like last time.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers Day!

figurative oil painting by Donna Holdsworth

"Let my prayer ascend to You like incense,
and the lifting up of my hands
like an evening sacrifice."

From the Liturgy of Pre-Sanctified Gifts


Peace to you!

~Donna~

2 comments:

  1. Donna, I love your series...the colors, the light and dark contrast, and the spiritual messages they bring. I am especially drawn to the one in yellow in the last post. Your brushwork and the visible layers are just beautiful. You are such a good artist.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. The oil painting has helped me take it a little slower which is a good thing for me I think. I think your paintings are wonderful. You have a unique style all your own. Your work brings joy:)

      Delete