Saturday, March 26, 2016

Commission Painting and Easter

While skipping along on my small works path I was contacted by a collector in regards to a commission.  Other than works done for family this was my first real commission and I have to say it ended up being a wonderful experience.  This is also the largest piece I have ever done.  I constructed a 40 x 40 x 2 birch wood panel (with help from the Home Depot boys for the table saw work).  It made a nice sturdy support for the work.  The collector was so helpful with design, examples, colors etc.  Between all of us the piece just came together very well.  It was wonderful to sculpt a tree again!
The painting made it to it's new home yesterday and I breathed a sigh of relief that it arrived safely.
Here is the finished painting:

textured tree painting by Donna Holdsworth

A big thank you to the "O" family for this wonderful opportunity!

Other news of sales, "Sylvia" has found a new home with a collector in CA.  I do not get much of a chance to travel.  It is nice that I get to travel in spirit via my art;)

I want to wish everyone and your families a Blessed Easter!  May the spirit of love and peace fill your souls!

Until the next time....

Donna

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Sue! Happy Easter to you too!!

      Delete
  2. It feels like plexus fates. Tree of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sophie. The clients wanted a "tree of life" look & we designed it together:)

    ReplyDelete