Thursday, February 18, 2016

"Aprilesque" Mixed Media Portrait Painting In Oil and Beeswax

Here is a portrait painting of a girl.  I was going for a tonal painting.  I wanted it to almost look like a graphite and charcoal drawing.  I added texture to my 12x12 wood panel with beeswax.  I then did the portrait painting with oil paint.  I used a dry brush technique on the face. I mostly use water mixable oil and combined with the dry brushing they were dry the next day. I applied thicker paint to the flowers.  The green eyes and hat give it a boost of color.

Thanks for visiting!

Peace to you!

Donna


 

6 comments:

  1. Such a soft, dreamy effect, beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    This is a really good post. Must admit that you are among the best bloggers I have read. Thanks for posting this informative article.

    I hope it would really helpful for my link Portrait Painting

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very informative and very helpful on my research regarding SEO techniques. Thanks for sharing this post.

    I hope it would really helpful for Oil Painting Reproductions

    ReplyDelete