Saturday, January 16, 2016

"Maude" Mixed Media Portrait Painting

Two posts in the same week!  I have come to the last of my 12x12 wood panels.  I will definitely be  stopping at Pat Catans to buy more.  I have become used to working bigger but these smaller works are a nice addition too.

I looked up the actress Maude Fealy in the public domain.  What timeless beauty she has.  Her face was used as a reference for this painting.  I tried to keep it vintage looking. I have continued to mix new media (for me) and am really getting wonderfully lost in these works.  My mind keeps turning with ideas which is a good thing.  I paint in my mind before I go to sleep.  I do the same when I get up. The time spent in my studio is one of life's treasures to me. Are all artists so obsessed?  I would venture to say yes.

Enjoy that manic creativity!

Until the next time....

Peace to you!

Donna



4 comments:

  1. Maude is wonderful Donna. I love the line of hair you scratched in and her clothing and the clock. The warm tones you have used are just so pleasing.

    I used to think of painting all the time. I lost my passion a bit when I lost my mother and then our move to the new house was a bit consuming. I feel like the passion is returning though, however I find myself wanting to create art dolls along with my paintings. I received a sewing machine for Christmas so we will see what happens this year.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt so bad when you lost your mother. I love my mom so much ( & my Dad) I am blessed to have them still in my life. Life has a way of putting things in perspective that's for sure.

      Delete
    2. PS Art dolls are a wonderful idea. I have been wanting to try some sculpture in addition to my paintings. See ya!

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    This is a really good post. Must admit that you are among the best bloggers I have read. Thanks for posting this informative article.

    I hope it would really helpful for my link Portrait Painting

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete