Friday, January 8, 2016

"Lylith" Acrylic Portrait Painting

My first painting of 2016 is finished!  It is a portrait done in acrylic.  I started this work with a drawing over a black gessoed canvas.  Then I painted a dead layer that I later learned is called grisaille.  My dead layer started out backwards.  I achieved the final effect with many acrylic glazes.  This was tricky because of the blending issue but in the end I was able to to achieve the look I was hoping for.  I tried to keep the background grungy looking.  The calligraphy is done in India ink.

acrylic portrait painting by Donna Holdsworth
"Lylith"
18x24x1.5

I hope everyone is having a wonderful new year.  Thanks for visiting my blog.

Peace!

Donna


                                                                         

4 comments: