Tuesday, December 1, 2015

"Reflecting Eliot" Collage Portrait Painting


Here is the most recent portrait painting that I have been working on.  It was done using all hand painted deli papers and acrylic.  I recently downloaded a video by Anne Bagby.  I am a huge fan of her collage work and the video was wonderful!  She is such a talented artist & if you have not done so I advise you to check out her work.  I will definitely be incorporating some of her techniques into my own work in the future.  This painting went through lots of small changes before I was satisfied.  I put together a slideshow to show some of them.  This work was done over an old failed painting on a 24 x 24 x1.5 canvas. The canvas was gently used and too big to not give a second chance. It was first lightly sanded & then covered with gesso.  Here is the rest:



 I have no idea who the pointing woman is at the end!  





Until the next time...........

Peace to you!









Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.


4 comments:

  1. That was wonderful to see you develop this great piece, great video. Love Anne Bagby too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bren! This was a fun piece. Love your new cold wax endeavors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed! It looks GREAT! The colors are so unique and current = )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sue! Was in the "tonal" mood I guess! :)

    ReplyDelete