Sunday, December 27, 2015

"Green Ribbons" Collage Portrait Painting

I am wrapping up my painting year 2015 with a portrait painting.  This is the second painting that I completed on the 12 x 12 x 1 inch wood panels.  It is modeled after my soon to be 14 year old daughter.  I collaged newspaper and painted paper to the panel and then began painting the face in acrylic.  As the painting developed most of the initial collage was covered.  I left a little newsprint showing through here & there.  One area I noticed this was on the mouth.  As I was working on the mouth I noticed the text on the lower lip.  I wondered what the text said and upon closer inspection discovered the words"largest component".  This made me laugh because these words could not have shown up on a more appropriate spot!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and wishing you a wonderful New Year ahead!

Peace to you!

acrylic portrait painting by Donna Holdsworth



No comments:

Post a Comment